MOTOR VEHICLE INFORMATION: From Prowers County Clerk & Recorder


Current physical and mailing address needs to be correct for Motor Vehicle Registration.

Renewal Cards are not forwardable and the cards for license plates are processed and mailed from the Department of Revenue in Denver one month prior to when the stickers are due.   Plates may be renewed the month prior to being expired, the month they are due or within the month grace period after they are due to avoid late fees.  These renewal cards are only curtsey reminders printed/mailed by the Department of Revenue.  If proof of insurance is required on your vehicle there will be a “Proof of Insurance Required” statement listed right on your renewal card and you will need to provide the proof of insurance before it can be renewed.

For Motor Vehicle needs, i.e. update your address, renew your license plates, or title and license your new vehicle for the first time, come to the Clerk and Recorder’s Office, 301 S. Main St., Ste. 210, M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and we are open through the lunch hour.

Most of the smaller town communities require a Post Office Box if you live inside the city limits of that town. Example:  Wiley, Holly, Granada, Bristol, and Hartman.  If we don’t have the Post Office Box on your record then you will not receive the reminder renewal notices for your plates for those smaller communities.

The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 336-8011 for license plates, renewals, and titling vehicle questions.

Filed Under: City of GranadaCity of HollyCity of LamarCity of WileyCountyFeaturedLaw EnforcementMedia ReleasePublic SafetyTransportation


About the Author: