ELECTION INFORMATION: Ballots for the November 8, 2016 Presidential General Election will be mailed this week October 17 – October 21, 2016. The Presidential General Election will be conducted as an all Mail Ballot Election.
The ballot you receive in the mail is your official ballot. You need to vote and return your ballot to our office for processing. Ballots are mailed to all Active Eligible Voters.
Remember to allow enough time for the ballot to reach our office! Postmarks dates do not count as received! Mail-in ballots must be received by 7:00 p.m. November 8, 2016.
TIPS FOR MAIL BALLOTS:
- You will receive the ballot, secrecy sleeve, and return envelope.
- Select candidates and questions you wish to vote on.
- Use a black pen that will not bleed through the paper to vote your ballot. Completely fill in the square box next to the selection you want to vote for.
- If you do not want to vote the entire ballot, simply mark your selections and leave the rest blank. Your ballot will still count!
- Place your ballot in the secrecy sleeve that was sent along with your ballot.
- Place the ballot that is inside of the secrecy sleeve in your return envelope that is addressed to Prowers County Clerk and Recorder, 301 S. Main St., Ste. 210, Lamar, CO 81052.
- Before sealing the envelope, please sign the signature affidavit located on the back side of the envelope. This is required in order for your ballot to be processed. We must compare every signature to make sure that the intended voter was the one who signed the envelope.
- We highly recommend that you:
- Drop your ballot off at the Prowers County Clerk’s Office at 301 S. Main St. Ste. 210, Lamar, CO 81052 or,
- Drop your ballot in the blue ballot box that will be sitting at the table in front of the security entrance point at the north entrance of the Courthouse.
- You may also mail your ballot using the envelope provided but adequate postage will be required
QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR MAIL-IN BALLOT:
What if my ballot does not arrive? If your General Election ballot does not arrive by October 28, 2016 please come to the Prowers County Clerk’s Office, 301 S. Main St., Ste. 210, Lamar, CO to obtain a replacement ballot.
I spoiled my ballot, now what do I do? Please call the Prowers County Clerk’s Office at 719-336-8011 or stop by our office. You may obtain a replacement ballot during normal business hours; from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
What do I do with my mail-in ballot? You can vote your ballot any time after you receive the ballot. You can either mail it back with a first class stamp or bring it to the Prowers County Clerk’s Office at 301 S. Main St., Ste. 210, Lamar, CO 81052. You may do this any time up to November 8, 2016. All ballots must be received by 7:00 p.m. election night in order to be counted.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2016 GENERAL ELECTION:
- October 17 – 21, 2016: Ballots will be mailed to all Active eligible electors.
- October 17, 2016 Monday: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through a voter registration drive. (no later than 22 days before the election)
- October 31, 2016, Monday: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through the mail, a voter registration agency, a local driver’s license examination facility, or online to receive a ballot in the mail for the General Election. (through the 8th day prior to the election)
- November 1, 2016, Tuesday: Last day to file an absentee ballot application to receive the absentee ballot by mail if you are absent from your home address.
- October 31, 2016, Monday – November 8, 2016, Tuesday: Voters can register to vote, obtain a replacement ballot, or drop off their Mail-in ballots in person at the Prowers County Clerk’s Office, 301 S. Main St., Ste. 210, Lamar, CO 81052.
- Prowers County Clerk’s Office Election Department: will be open on Saturday, October 29, 2016 and Saturday, November 5 from 8:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. for ballot drop off and replacements.
- November 8, 2016: ELECTION DAY
Prowers County Clerk’s Office is open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., for election purposes only. No Motor Vehicle transactions will be processed that day.
The Election Department can be reached at 719-336-8011 for voter and election questions. You can also reach our office by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prowers County Clerk and Recorder
There is a misprint regarding the “date of election” on the back page of the Secrecy Sleeve with Voter Instructions Form, section 7. The correct “date of election” is November 8, 2016 and not November 28, 2016. This Secrecy Sleeve was included with your ballot packet that voters should be receiving through the mail at this time. The actual Ballot does show the correct date of November 8, 2016. Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience.
About the Author: