Ballots should be in full swing by now. Ballots were mailed to all Active Eligible Voters the week of October 17th. Make sure that you sign the back of your envelope before returning your ballot along with adequate amount of postage when sending to the Prowers County Clerk’s Office. Election Judges are required by law to match the signatures on the return envelope with the signature that is on file with our office. If your signature doesn’t match we can’t proceed with processing your ballot. Our office will send you a letter and a form to fill out and return back to us with a copy of your ID. If you do not return the form with a copy of your ID, your ballot will not count and by law we are required to turn your name over to the District Attorney’s Office for investigation for possible election fraud.
- Drop your ballot off at the Prowers County Clerk’s Office, 301 S. Main St., Ste. 210, Lamar, CO, located on the second floor of the County Courthouse.
- Drop your ballot in our new 24/7 Ballot Drop Box located east of the Courthouse Building in the parking lot. You may access that Box as a walk up or drive through.
- Drop your ballot in the blue ballot box sitting on the table at the Security entrance, first floor of the Courthouse Building or at the VSPC table on the second floor.
- You may also mail your ballot by using the envelope provided (with adequate postage that’s required). Please allow enough time for our office to receive your ballot by election night 7:00 pm., and no later.
- Postmarks dates do not count as received! Mail-in ballots must be received by 7:00 p.m., November 8, 2016. QUESTIONS:
What if my ballot does not arrive? If your ballot does not arrive by October 31, 2016 please come to the Prowers County Clerk’s Office, 301 S. Main St. Ste. 210, Lamar, CO to obtain a replacement ballot.
- I spoiled my ballot, now what do I do? Please call the Prowers County Clerk’s Office at 719-336-8011or stop by our office. You may obtain a replacement ballot during normal business hours; from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., M-F and on Saturday, October 29th, and November 5th, from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
DATES FOR 2016 GENERAL ELECTION:
- October 31, 2016, Monday: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through the mail, a voter registration agency, a local driver’s license examination facility, or online to receive a ballot in the mail for the General Election. (through the 8th day prior to the election) November 1, 2016, Tuesday: Last day to file an absentee ballot application to receive the absentee ballot by mail if you are absent from your home address.
- October 31, 2016, Monday – November 8, 2016, Tuesday: Voters can register to vote; obtain a replacement ballot or drop off their mail in ballots in person at the Prowers County Clerk’s Office, 301 S. Main St., Ste. 210, Lamar, CO 81052.Prowers County Clerk’s Office Election Department will be open on Saturday, October 29 and Saturday, November 5, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for ballot drop off, and replacements.
- November 8, 2016: ELECTION DAY
- The Election Department can be reached at 719-336-8011 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also check your voter status/record by visiting: govotecolorado.com
- Prowers County Clerk’s Office is open 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., for ELECTION PURPOSES ONLY! NO MOTOR VEHCILE TRANSATIONS WILL BE PROCESSED THAT DAY!
Prowers County Clerk and Recorder
About the Author: